5. Teaching Practice


4.1     Producers of Your Teaching
I was given the opportunity to teach in junior high school class 1 to teach geography study. I taught in 3 classes such as mattayom suksa 1/1, mattayom suksa 1/2 and mattayom suksa 1/3. before doing the study I observed first the classes that I would teach later to see the atmosphere and the many students and how students in geography study. then I discuss with the supervisor about the theme and material that I will be teaching for the next week. if it has been agreed on the material then I will make a lesson plan and determine the teaching method and teaching media that I will use in accordance with the theme is geography from southeast asia.
First activities are greetings and warm-up activities before studying, is important to establish a pleasant relationship with students while studying, the next activity is to watch the motivational videos that have been prepared beforehand so that students are more interested in learning. then from the video there will be a question and answer session on what has been seen in the video. after that this activity I will present about the material through the television screen and explain the lesson. The final activity is the existence of games and here I use true and false games to see how students understand the teaching material delivered then I will close the learning activities by making conclusions of the lesson.

4.2    Time Management and Organizing Activities
       I was given 50 minutes to teach my students. 5 minutes to warm up and motivate, 10 mintes in showing videos and then prestation about 20 minutes and lastly games and conclusions is about 15 minutes.
4.3    Problem Solving
       I have problem in communicating in English language. My mentor will always help me in times tha
t I can’t express myself during the class. I also use easy word and speaks slowly for them to understand my lessons more. It is difficult when teaching geography using English because not all students understand English well so I use audio and visual media so students can also learn through pictures and sounds that he sees and hears.
5.4 Classroom Management 
When I going to start the lesson students have prepared themselves so that they are more organized when doing lessons, besides that with the presentation of videos and presentations helping to make students interested and focused while learning. It is not difficult to direct them because it is very participative during learning. The students sometime are very noisy and they didn’t listen to me so, to get their attention, I will encourage them to listen for them to participate in the game after the discussion.
1.5.Overall Impression
 Teaching students who are diverse is very challenging. They have different learning styles which we, as a teacher, must meet. I really enjoy teaching them. We learn from each other. I feel so nervous at first but then I have friends helped to get through of my problem. My mentor, was always there to support and give advices on what to do. I gained confidence as time goes by and built my self esteem in facing my fears in front of many people. I learned a lot from my teacher in managing the class, preparing activities, and in being a teacher that the learners look up to.




Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

2. Pedagogical Contents

1. School: General Information and Academic Administration

3. Teacher Observations